Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Musical Tote


Photobucket
Check out this fabulous Appliqued Tote Tutorial by Craft Snob.  What makes it particularly great is that it is lined, which makes it extra strong and lends itself to a subtle colour addition, which is a gorgeous flash when you look inside.  Here's a version I made for Amelie, she needed a 'music bag' big enough to hold her recorder book and long enough for her recorder.
I have a huge roll of natural calico, which did the job beautifully!  Here's a close up of the soft pink applique.
Hmm, I really don't think I have any business doing machined applique, my usual sewing style - 'wonky'!
Look at this fabulous flash of colour, it's Picket Fence from Free Spirit.  I was thinking how nice it would be to have the lining fabric on the inner side of the handles - too much maybe?

Before I go, you might want to pop across to The Fabric Marketplace as there have been some great new products added.  In particular scrap fabric bundles that Ali at VeryBerryHandmade has added, perfect for applique projects.  She is dipping her toe in fabric bundle selling and in preparation for a Giveaway she's hosting with me/The Fabric Marketplace as Sponsor.  It's very exciting as it will be linked to a Survey for The Fabric Marketplace.

As always thanks for dropping by!



1 comment:

myfabricconnection said...

How to do the totes? Can you share tutorials Charlotte Fabric