Tuesday, 29 May 2012

A Bunch of Bag Tutorials


It's End of School Year Teacher Gifts planning time.  For one of the Teachers I was planning on making her a bag, using natural linen, vintage kimono fabric (red) and red chirimen crepe for the lining - very 'zakka style'.

So I'm sharing some of the Bag Tutorials I've found and may use for the gift.  The first tutorial is Fabulous Retro Travel Bag By Melissa Mortenson of polkadotchair.com at Riley Blake.

Ruby's Party Bag by Nicole Wilmore of Our Cozy Nest for the Moda Bake Shop.  I love this red!

Convertible Sling Bag by Bag'n-Telle.  Now I know this bag is leather but I think you could still make it in fabric.  Although you can buy this gorgeous soft faux leather at UniqueShiny (they sell real leather too).  It's my new favourite Etsy shop as they also have a fabulous selection of natural linens, double gauze and cottons.
Special, Vintage Washing Leather in RED brown, U1021


Apple Picking Tote over at Purlbee.  Maybe a little bit too utilitarian, but I'll pin it for a later project!

Messenger Bag Tutorial by Ditzy & Dotty.  Cute!
lifewithbirdbag_notcot
Carry All/CarpetbaggerTutorial over at Weekend Designer.  Maybe a little bit too big and bulky.


Preppy Pleated Purse by KojoDesigns  I like this one a lot, although maybe a bit too small.
Roomy, pleated bag
Pleated Lined handbag by Warehouse Fabrics Inc This may very well be the bag I go for as it's so smart and a very thorough tutorial.
36552_1-bag1
I love this Weekend Bag over at Weekend Designer.  That bag says "Grrr!" to me, maybe a male teacher bag.
IMG_3131
Pleated Tote by Thimble.  You can't beat a jolly good tote and the pleats on this make it extra roomy!  I do quite like this one too.

1 Hour Bag Tutorial by VintageRicRac.  On your marks get set.....

Skirty Bag (Up-cycle) by WhipUp   I love the recycling of this skirt.  If it was made from scratch, I think lining fabric in between the pleats would be really cute.

I will let you know which one I made and post a picture of it.  Do you have a favourite Bag Tutorial you could recommend?

Thank you for dropping by!




5 comments:

verykerryberry said...

What great links, i especially liked the preppy pleated purse!

The Custards said...

Hurray - I have been searching high and low for a good weekend bag pattern! Many thanks

pouch said...

lovely tutorials!

Fabric Carolina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fabric Carolina said...

Wow!! all bags look unique and pretty

trend fabrics