Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Rainbows, Hexagons and Patchwork, what's not to love?

I don't know what it is, but I have such a Blogging block right now.  Inspiration fails me, and as always every day life just gets in the way.  It's not like I'm not sewing or researching future projects, so with this in mind I'll share some rainbow, hexagons and patchwork that I've been searching to inspire me for a gift I plan to make my eldest sister for her 50th Birthday.

To begin with a glorious bundle of fabric from PurlSoho.com.  Wowser! To receive a squishy parcel in the post containing that would just make me giddy with joy - especially if it was a surprise!!!!  (Hmmm, mental note - my birthday's in May, how can I drop hints to Mr???

The Trinity Quilt
This isn't quite what I had in mind for my sister, but it is a Whoa! moment.  It's called Trinity by Kathy K Wylie.  To quote her website "Trinity is a model of unity for humanity. The individual hexagons, distinct on their own, blend together seamlessly. Even in diversity, there can be harmony and unity."  Absolutely glorious!

I adore this pillow by The Crafty Nomad, which was partly inspired by...
ticker tape
This Ticker Tape Quilt by Crazy Mom Quilts.  Which does make me want to make one right now!
IMG_1189
The Craft Nomad was also inspired by this fabulous Scrap Busting Fall Pillow (link takes you to Tutorial).  And inspired by this fabulous tree by stitched in colour.
Mosaic Tree & Hexagon Tree
Who was inspired by this 'cute as a butterfly's toes' pin cushion by Little Miss Shabby.

Here are some more lovely hexagons.
This pillow is by Elsie's Girl.

I love this table runner by diary of a quilter, especially the fussy cut cherries - although my sister isn't a table runner kind of gal.
Rainbow Hexagon Tutorial
I love this photo of patchwork rainbow hexagons, 'outside the box' thinking as they say.  This fabuous work is from Cut To Pieces.

I have to say I'm feeling truly inspired, there's something so special about rainbows.

Thank you as always for taking the time to drop by, especially as I'm not Blogging quite as often these days!

6 comments:

Ditzy and Dotty said...

Lovely bright cheerful fabric and quilts - just perfect to cheer up a rainy day. Look forward to seeing what you make for you sister.
Sally
xxx

Linnhe Mara said...

You just gotta love hexies! I particularly like the use of them on 'stitched in colour' s tree.
Completely understand the blogging block. I"ve been unable to do any work for almost two months now so I have nothing to blog about.:o(

Danielle said...

I know what you mean, Emma. I get on a blogging roll just in time for life to rear it's busy head! Beautiful post! It goes perfect with the sunshine today.

All Hand-Made Crafts said...

I couldn't stop admiring the beautiful and colourful fabric... They bring a cheer to my heart :)

Rie said...

Ahh, all that colour is making me happy! :)

Jo said...

Thanks for featuring my pillow!