Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Squishy Parcel and Zippered Pouch/Purse Practice

Today this fabulous fabric Indochine Kaori in Pastel by Alexander Henry from Scrappy Girl Shoppe arrived.  

I bought it because poor Amelie has been teased at school for her Peppa Pig lunch bag for being 'too babyish'.  So I thought I would buy some fabric that was girly without being too young and make her a lunch bag to be proud of!  I'll let you know how I get on.

Here's a conundrum, how is it I can sew a dress but was nervous of making a zippered pouch/purse?

Well I found this fabulous Tutorial by nstitchesdesigns and it is unbelievably easy to follow, even for a beginner like me.

And this is what I came up with.
This was my first attempt using my all time favourite Scooter from Monaluna's Monaco.  It has now been gifted to Amelie's 'Beaver Leader' Panda.
This was my next one, super cute Kawaii Japanese Fabric from my scrap bag.  Amelie has laid claim to it!
And my last one.  I wasn't going to share it with you as it's not quite so sharp (LOL), but decided to share the cute fabric (this one will be mine).

Do you Blog your mistakes?

5 comments:

Ducks and Rabbits said...

They look great! And the more you make, the less scary they become. I do strongly (and totally personally) recommend Oh Fransson's pdf pattern for zippered pouches... they are very cleverly assembled, and I make all of mine that way now.

Ditzy and Dotty said...

Well done Emma, they are fab! I love the scooters fabric. Look forward to seeing what you make with the rest of the fabric.
Sally
xxx

Archie the wonder dog said...

Love the pouches! Sorry Amelie's met some meanies, I hope it hasn't bothered her too much...

Danielle said...

Those are wonderful, Emma! I love Peppa Pig, by the way.

Chris said...

Hi Emma, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/