Monday, 16 January 2012

Dress Tutorials

Machiko Kayaki / Simple Chic  (Dress up Dress Down) - Japanese Pattern Book
Japanese Craft Book Simple Chic by Machiko Kayaki.  I so covet this book, but I need to pause for breath following a couple of other recent book purchases such as this,
Palm-Size Stuffies - Japanese Craft Book -Handmade Stuffed Dolls and Animals
and this.
Destash - Japanese Nuigurumi style craft book
This one I'm really excited about as I've kept my eye open for ages for it to surface somewhere as it's now out of print.

Not sewing or fabric related but also these,
Sushi: Easy Recipes for Making Sushi at Home
Sushi Easy Recipes and
Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches
Yum Tum Bento Box
As a family we love sushi.  Our eldest, Lukas, learnt how to 'make' (roll) sushi at Cub Scouts so we thought it would be fun to make some at home and try and make it cute too.

Anyway, I digress.  So until I can buy the coveted book, I thought I would check out and share some dress tutorials.
Completed Project: Drawstring Halter  And A Line Dress Picture #9
I love this Drawstring Halter Neck Dress at Cut Out & Keep.  Roll on Summer!

Nautical Dress Tutorial At Elle Apparel.  Surprisingly easy and quick!

SoHo Maxi Dress Tutorial at Sew Much A Do.  I think I may make a few of these!

Easy Stretch Dress Tutorial by Katy at KdBuggieBoutique.  This is for a child's dress but I think it could be amended for a 'grown up' dress - at least I'm going to try.
selmadress
Nautical Halter Dress Tutorial at Weekend Designer.  I love this dress, it's so sassy!  And like the others it's surprisingly easy.

Infinity Dress Tutorial by Sew Like My Mom.   Every wardrobe needs one of these but I think I would probably go for a much longer skirt.

Nautical Dress Tutorial by At Second Street.  This isn't a grown up dress but I love the use of the repurposed man's shirt.

And lastly, but by no means least... 30 Minute $6 Dress Tutorial at PaperNStitch.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

There we go, some lovely dresses to make in time for the glorious Summer we are all wishing really hard for.

Have a great day and do share any dress tutorials you can recommend.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I love wearing dresses, especially in the summer. I never do any more. I should check theses tutorials out and get myself motivated!

Ditzy and Dotty said...

Great collection of dress tutorials - I really must make one for myself. I like your choice of books too, can't wait to see what you make from them.
Sally
xxx