Thursday, 10 November 2011

WARNING: Poppies May Cause Offence!

Tutorial Felted Poppy Flower
Yes, you read the heading correctly but this is by no means a political post, for me the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal and Remembrance Sunday cannot go by without a mention.  The day traditionally put aside to remember all those who have given their lives for the peace and freedom we enjoy today, when people of the nation pause to reflect on the sacrifices made by our brave Service men and women.  The first poppy is a tutorial at the etsyrussianteam.

Felt Poppies by Annie the Felt Fairy in aid of the Royal British Legion.
Pinned Image
Beautiful Poppy Quilt by Baltimore Quilt Lady.
Little Red Poppy, felt flower brooch
Felt Poppy Brooch by Lupin
Poppy Brooch Large Gorgeous Red Black Felt Remembrance Day
Poppy Brooch by StitchedWithLoveUK.
Pinned Image
Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld inspired Poppy Brooch Tutorial. 

As appeared in Elle.
Poppy Flirtation - Fiery Orange/Red Poppy Hair Pin or Clip
Poppy Hair Pin by OriginalsByLynnette.
Sandor Applique Poppy Lovers pillow - Red, Coral, Stone Grey on Black
Poppy Pillow from GreenerGrassDesign.
Large image
Tiny Poppy Pin by Wychbury.

I hope you enjoyed these stunning 'fabric' poppies.  Just remember to wear yours with pride!

One last note, some of you may remember my MIL is currently being treated for cancer.  It has now come to light that my Aunt In Law (her sister) may have dementia, which involves appointments both with medical and social care workers.  As chaperone my days are being filled with driving them to and from appointments, cramming books about dementia plus the every day life of having three wonderful children under 9 and a very patient husband.  Thus Blogging doesn't get much of a look in (I neglected the housework today so that I could do this poppy post).  I will do my best to keep in touch, especially following all your lovely Blogs but forgive me if I don't manage to keep up - at least until after Christmas.

As always, thank you for dropping by and take care of you and yours!

11 comments:

The undomesticated scientist said...

a loverly post. Thought are with you as you plough through what must be a tough time for you. we'll be here when you need us x

Jenny said...

Gorgeous poppy collection, they are all beautiful! Sorry to hear that Emma, hope your next few weeks are ok, thinking of you... Remember to take care of yourself too xxx

Archie the wonder dog said...

Lovely post - sorry to hear things are rough at the moment, I hope things get sorted. Take care x

Lisnaweary Quilts said...

I love all those poppies, they're gorgeous! Take time with those who matter to you. x

KC'sCourt! said...

Those who matter come first.
Love the poppy post, I wear my Poppy with pride.
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Lovely poppies. Sorry to hear your news. My Gran suffers with dementia so I have a bit of an insight into what you're going through. Try to switch off when you can

Sarah Witherby said...

Sending very much love Emma ... xxx

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Thankyou for taking the time to post about the poppies. My late MIL used to make and sell the ones made with crepe paper but I haven't seen a poppy seller for years. :( I will make one for sure for next year, but today, here in Australia, I will wear a sprig of rosemary.
Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you from across the seas. Hugs, Sandy.

A Time for Stitching said...

Love all the poppies, especially the first and last ones. Thank you. Sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time. Don't worry about us! We can wait.
Teresa x

Pickle Lily said...

The poppies are beautiful. I am steaming along with your stocking swap and would like to post on 30th November - I hope that is OK. Sorry to read about your news - hope that life goes smoothly for you.
Jo x

veryberryhandmade said...

Take care of yourself as well as everyone else Emma. Lots of love. xx