Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Scrap Stash Busting Tutorials



I'm afraid Pinterest has given me a weakness for tutorials, but you can't beat a bunch of tutorials that'll use up some of that scrap you received with 'scrap swaps'.


Tiny Bird Tutorial from bddesigns These tiny birds are so darn cute, you can tell by the clothes peg how small they are.

Zipper Pouch Tutorial from Skip To My Lou  Out of all the tutorials I found, I liked this one because the fabric is unfussy, which makes it easier to follow.

Tiny Kitten Tutorial by Obsessively Stitching You could make up these lovely kittens in funky fabrics or maybe fill them with 'beans'  and make a set of three as 'juggling kitties'.

Quilted needlecase/sewing kit tutorial from Sew She Sews

Use these free appley dappley applique patterns from Bustle and Sew to funk up a plain cushion
Mini purse frames
Tiny Puffy Purse Tutorial from Cotton and Cloud with free PDF pattern.

Tiny Pin Cushion House Tutorial by Molly Flanders.  I love this charming house, it's so cute and you make it from your own design idea.

Easter 'Chinchilla' Bunny Tutorial by Tabiboo - bunnies aren't just for Easter!
TITLE PHOTO
Mug Rug Tutorial by Wild Olive  This is a great Blog, with lots of lovely embroidery patterns.

Scrappy Lampshade Tutorial by Pleated Poppy. Great for all those strips you have left over from patchwork projects.

More cute birds, from the sewing loft blog. She suggests making them into gift tags, magnets or lavender bags.


I hope these tutorials have given you food for thought on how to reduce your scrap pile!


Do you have any tutorials you would recommend for 'itty bitty' scraps of fabric?






5 comments:

Jenny said...

You've found some fab links Emma... there are so many projects I'd like to do, and god knows I've got enough scraps (!) but I never seem to get around to making things for myself! hehe. Will have to try and make some time :)

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

My fabby parcel arrived today!!! Thank you so much for the extra, you are so lovely! Maybe I will be tempted to actually use my purchases, what a great lot of tutes! love Annie xx

Elegantpaws said...

Pinterest swallows heaps of my time! I love it. I like the mug rug and pin cushion house best. Cuteness.

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Ladies, thanks for dropping by and taking the time to write a comment. I'm glad you like the tutorials, let us know if you make any of them! E x

Archie the wonder dog said...

Great tutorials! Thank you for the links!