Friday, 19 August 2011

Sewing Machine Quilting Tutorials

Basting 025 [1024x768]
To use an Americanism 'I suck' at machine quilting so thought I would seek some help. The first tutorial is Anyone Can Quilt - Machine Quilting Tutorial  and has some great pictures, a really thorough tute!


FredasHive Blogspot Tutorial it seems to be all in the spray!  I clearly need to get some.

Machine Quilting Tips and Tricks from For Dummies.Com  no decent pictures but some useful tips.

Sew Inspired - Free Motion Quilting Tutorial and not a can of spray in sight, just a well folded quilt and quilting gloves (who'd have thought there is such a thing).

All People Quilt - Machine Quilting Like A Pro 10 great tips (no graphics).

Quilting About - Readers Respond: Share Your Favourite Machine Quilting tips. No graphics but some useful advice.

I trawled the internet for the ones that I considered most useful for my needs.  Many were just lists or links within links, I personally prefer lots of graphics to follow.  All in all I think I'm going to get some quilting spray and see how I get on.

Thanks for dropping by.





5 comments:

Sara said...

I think the thing that works best for me is always having the whole quilt supported by a table. Also,use a walking foot and gloves.

Emma Thomsen said...

Thanks Sara, that's really useful to know, especially from an experienced quilter! E x

Jean said...

Great info. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki said...

Thanks for including my tutorial!

Vicki--Sewinspiredblog.com

Carlyn Holmes said...

Thank you for sorting thru the web and coming up with these links, they have been extremely helpful to me a beginning quilter.