Thursday, 25 August 2011

ROYGBIV

Hmm Rainbows Board or Quilt Envy board? I know both!

Or, Richard of York Gave Battle In Vain.  The Summer Holiday weather in the UK has been dismal, so I thought I would cheer us all up and show you some fabric rainbows from my Rainbow Board on Pinterest.  My first choice is On A Rainy Day ii Quilt from Quilt It
Embroidery thread
Embroidery Thread from Turkey Feathers Typepad.
Zips at Zipit, Etsy
Zips at Zipit, Etsy
Rainbow Fabric by Theposhvagabond, Spoonflower
Rainbow Fabric by Theposhvagabond
Alexander McQueen´s Rainbow shipwreck classic dress from 2003 - an alltime favourite of the brand.
Alexander McQueen´s Rainbow shipwreck classic dress from 2003
love love love pixelated colour
Pixelated Colourwheel - Kona Challenge

Uchikake for a Japanese Bride Wakuku Blog
rainbow stacks of gorgeous fabric
Fat Quarter Stack at Purl Soho

It's very frustrating when there is no link to the original creator only flickr account.


Every cloud has a silver lining by Jo from Craftynomad

It seems appropriate ending with this pillow, my sentiments exactly.

Do you have any other ways of remembering the colours of the rainbow?

5 comments:

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love those rainbow birds, I wish they could come and live with me!! Thanks for the rainbows - we had a full double rainbow last night, I was so excited!

Emma Thomsen said...

OOh Archie the Wonder dog, it's been so long since I saw a double rainbow - double lucky!

Archie the wonder dog said...

It was fabulous, really clear colours - I tried to get a photo but I couldn't! Thanks for your comment on my blog - I tried to reply but couldn't as you're a 'no-reply' blogger...I'm sure your daughter would soon want her mammy back, especially once she realised that having a dog can be hard work!!

Tracy Suzanne said...

Good Morning Emma. I guess it might not be morning there but you get the idea. Good Wishes! I love all the cheeriness of these photos. Thanks for coming by and brightening my day yesterday.

Have a fun and blessed weekend.
XO's...Tracy :)

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Archie the wonder dog, I'll have to check that 'no reply blogger' as I would love replies. You might be right about my daughter's choice between me or a dog. LOL

Thanks for dropping by Tracy Suzanne, you are very welcome for the comment - your post was very moving! x