Wednesday, 17 August 2011

How To Print Directly onto Fabric Using Freezer Paper and a Pinterest Health Warning!



I had to share with you this great tute on how to print directly onto fabric using Freezer paper over at Latabledenana.  It is so straight forward, it almost seems too good to be true.

I would mention that I haven't tried it yet, I'm waiting for my delivery of freezer paper.  But I'll let you know as soon as I've tried it out.

Basically:

  1. You iron freezer paper onto your fabric.
  2. Insert into your printer.
  3. Simply print out your graphic.
  4. Peel off the freezer paper.
  5. You're left with your printed fabric.
I also 'pinned' the Tute on my Follow Me on Pinterest page.

Don't get me started on Pinterest, which by the way should come with a health warning - like codine "can become addictive".  I kind of have Annie the Felt Fairy for getting me into it, "check out my boards" she said, so I did and the rest is history.  Although she did mention that she was addicted. (I think I see a pattern emerging here).

What I love about pinterest is that you can 'pin' all the fantastic stuff there aren't enough hours in the day to Blog about!  I would highly recommend it, unless you have a highly 'addictive personality'.

Follow Me on Pinterest


11 comments:

Su said...

Sounds very interesting - I feel I shall be investing in some freezer paper!

Rosa Lily (Pen) said...

What a cheap and great idea!! By the way Annie (The Felt Fairy) has a lot to answer for!! I read her post on PinInterest and now iv'e started!! I must have been on there for at least 3 hours last night...naughty Annie xx

Pootle said...

It definately works. I was worried about it ruining my printer but worked fine. You can also get freezer paper in sheets now rather than rolls so its even easier to feed in your printer. I havent quite got the pinterest bug yet so far as actually pinning concerned but like seeing what everyone else has pinned. x

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Su, I bought mine on Ebay and it was a UK seller. Hi Rosa Lily, 3 hours on Pinterest is very achievable! Where's that Annie? Thanks Pootle, at least I know it won't 'kill' my printer. I can't wait to try it!! X

The undomesticated scientist said...

I've.signed up to pintrest, something to do at work. Need to try the freezer paper too. Ps my son has been asking to learn to knit since he was about 4. My mum has small needles ready!

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Super tip thank you so much

Kandi said...

I'm addicted to pinterest too, it's such a useful tool.
I love to see what others pin too, I have the app on my phone and check it a few times a day ~ true addiction style :0)
Kandi xx

Emma Thomsen said...

Kandi, I agree pinterest is a useful tool. I'm finding a great way to save stuff to Blog about until a later date (on my phone too). Caroline you are very welcome! Undomesticated, thats funny about your son, my MIL was resisting it as it's not a boy thing, she is such a traditional East Londoner! LOL! Although my Papa (who was a fisherman on the Dorset coast) was a fantastic knitter!

Fiona Wilson said...

Hi, yes it does work, just be careful to trim any frayed edges on your fabric before you put it through the printer. Another tip - you can usually use the freezer paper a couple of times, so don't throw it away after the first go.

hensteeth said...

From a Pinterest addict...
I unfortunately can't use freezer paper on cotton or linen, as somehow my printer catches the side of the sheet and cheeeeeeews...grrrrr. Such a shame as transfer sheets are so expensive.
Happy pinning! x

Emma Thomsen said...

Fiona and Hensteeth, thanks for the tips. Paper arrived today so when things are more peaceful in the house (LOL) I'll give it a go! X