Tuesday, 12 April 2011

The Maxi Skirt A Staple Of The Summer Wardrobe.

Boho, Gypsy or Broomstick, whatever you want to call them, a maxi skirt is more versatile than a dressyou can dress them up with a blouse or go relaxed in a vest.  Flattering for any shape and comfortable on long hot days shopping or at a 'formal do'.

The first one to catch my eye is  a 70s Bright Paisley Print Maxi Skirt at LoveStreetVintage, Etsy.  I just love the colours!
70s South West Motif Maxi Skirt at LoveStreetVintage, Etsy
Another skirt from LoveStreetVintage, more subtle than the previous design.  Great with black accessories to dress it up or camel accessories for a less formal look.
70s Boho Black & White Maxi Skirt at FunkyKittyVintage, Etsy
It's not always about the colour, this black and white skirt is so dramatic and stunning!
Vintage Day At The Beach Skirt 1stlove, Etsy
White gypsy skirts were seen on the catwalk this season and are selling like hot cakes on Ebay, I know because I've been trying to grab a 'bargain' but to no avail.  I know I know, I should make one myself.
Hand Printed Indian Cotton Wrap Around Skirt at indigoindia, Etsy
You can't beat Indian Cotton for a lovely lightweight cotton, perfect for the Summer.
70s Boho Wrap Skirt at ReCultivation, Etsy
I love the skirts with ethnic designs and these soft pastel shades are so feminine, the detail is divine.
70s Cotton Batik Wrap Skirt at Gazellagirl, Etsy
And these earthy tones give a completely different look to an ethnic design.  I'm not sure which one I prefer, if my purse would allow I would probably have both!
Diane Von Furstenberg Silk Black Wrap Skirt at VixenDesigner, Etsy
A stunning skirt from the Designer of the original Wrap Dress.  Part of a two piece outfit, the blouse is being sold separately by the Seller.
Taresh Boho Maxi Skirt at LuvStoneVintage, Etsy

More 'pretty in black', the red and green detail just gives it a lift!
Arican Women Print Wrap Circle Skirt at ButchWaxVintage, Etsy

Lastly, but by no means least a skirt with a lovely hand printed African ladies design.  I love the elephants running along the lower border.

If you've been inspired to buy click on the picture heading to be taken to the shop.  


Or if you've been inspired to make your own maxi skirt, without a pattern, check out these great Tutorials!
Happy Shopping or Sewing, two of my favourite pastimes!  What style skirt is your favourite?

5 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, I wish I had kept my maxi skirts from the 70's! But, they are very easy to make. This brings back some sweet memories!

Linnhe Mara said...

I'm so glad maxi skirts are in vogue, they hide a multitude of sins!

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

ooh this has made me think I need another maxi dress or two x

Elegantpaws said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog while looking for info about Suzy Ultman's fabric. Your blog is great and I look forward to reading more! I like the A line but those long maxi skirts look cool with the high waist and singlet top. xx

Emma Thomsen said...

Thanks everyone for dropping by, I'm glad you've all been inspired for the Summer. There are some gorgeous fabrics out there!