Monday, 7 March 2011

Cotton Time Japanese Craft Magazine, Hmm My Favourite!

Japanese Craft Magazines/Books have to be one of the best kept secrets amongst the sewing community.  Although written in Japanese they are so easy to follow with fantastic patterns and clear diagrams.  I thought I would share some pictures from my latest copy, ordered from my favourite Seller of Japanese Craft Magazines Pomadour24 on Etsy and Pomadour24 on Ebay.
To begin with here is a really cute applique idea.

And a couple of gorgeous Easter Bunny Softies.
As always, there are lots of bag/purse projects.
I love this cute simple top, I will probably make myself one in time for the Summer (when it gets here).
And pictures of some gorgeous 'sewing spaces'.
How great would it be to have a dedicated sewing area.
Somewhere to pick up and put down sewing projects at any time.
I love this Sashiko style embroidery, I would never have thought of putting it on a white background with bright thread (traditionally white cotton on an indigo background).
It just works with fantastic affect.
Some gorgeous fabric bundles that are available for mail order, in Japanese.
But still a joy to look at and get some inspiration.
How super cute are these tiny embroidered pin cushions in walnut shells!
And this tiny fabric travel bag/tray.
My favourite of this copy has to be these darling Russian Doll Felties.


This copy is now for sale at TheFabricMarketplace.com.

If you've been inspired to make these cute softies, maybe as a Mothers Day or Easter gift, pop across to the Felt Fairy to get a good supply of felt in.

I hope you enjoyed a brief look at my copy of Cotton Time, especially if it's your first time.  Do you have a favourite Japanese Craft Magazine (or any sewing magazine for that matter) that you would recommend?

Don't forget there's still time to enter my Giveaway of the 2011 Sewing Calendar.

As always, thanks for dropping by.






5 comments:

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

I love Japanese books, the designs seem so much more funky than ours! I enjoyed reading / gazing at this post! Thank You xx

Linnhe Mara said...

Many of my craft books are Japanese inspired but I've steered clear of anything without instructions in English. I'm afraid I'm a belt and braces kinda gal. My little brain needs words and pictures if there is to be any hope of understanding. ( probably why I tend to make things up as I go along, no instructions to follow means nothing is ever a mistake! )

The undomesticated scientist said...

What ho. My small male random name selector pullued you name out of the childs toy so you have won my give away! send your address and i'll post it off to you. x

Emma Thomsen said...

Thank you everyone for dropping by, I'm glad you enjoyed the quick flick through. And WOOHOO! Thank you Undomesticated Scientist, I'll send you an e-mail with my address. :D

fabrictimeuk said...

my favorite craft project: sewing felt animals and creating little figurines w/ sculpy… in moderation they make wonderful quirky personalized gifts.
https://www.fabrictime.co.uk/