Monday, 28 February 2011

Ooh La La Vintage Francaise!


I am absolutely delighted that Etsy have finally got round to allowing users to search in specific areas.  With that in mind I searched items in France to find some Tres Chic vintage dresses for the Spring and Summer - when we finally manage to pack away our winter coats and boots.  Here's a taste of Vintage French chic!

My first choice is just such a pretty dress, but alas I think it may be a little bit short for my aging pins.  But if you have have the legs you can buy it here: barflor at Etsy.
Louis Feraud long jersey dress at barflor, Etsy
This dress is completely divine, the colours are simply gorgeous, a work of art!
Queen of Hearts 1950s White Day Dress with Coral Love Heart Print
 at dandeliondaydreamer, Etsy
This is such a pretty fresh dress that will never date, definitely a Summer wardrobe staple.
Agnes Black 1950s Wrapped Wiggle Dress at Laboheme, Etsy
This is the sort of dress I think of when vintage French chic comes to mind, beautifully tailored!
70s Summer Dress at TapouillonVintage, Etsy
I love these extraordinarily bold prints but I'm not sure whether I'm brave enough to wear them.  Maybe once the sun comes out I would feel a little braver!
1950s VERVEINE Stiletto Dress at LaBoheme, Etsy
Another striking dress, get your Marilyn Monroe wiggle working!
Blue Dot Dress Deep Teal by Greeneyebazaar, Etsy
Understated chic for everyday Ooh La La!  Pop over to Greeneyebazaar as the lovely Camille is having a 10% sale (one shot) password for readers of this Post : givemefrench.
80s Teal/ Olive Graphic Print Dress at suzybluebijou, Etsy
This is such a gorgeous print and for a Vintage dress a really great price!
Gianni Versace Pretty Pleat Skirt at barflor, Etsy
A little bit of vintage luxury!  This skirt is absolutely stunning, I completely love it!
Poppy Print Dress at Dandeliondaydreamer, Etsy

Lastly, but by no means least, this charming 1970s Summer Dress.  So pretty, all I'm dreaming about is the summer sunshine!
I hope you enjoyed my short trip through French Vintage to give you some ideas for your Summer wardrobe.  Remember to click on the picture heading to be taken straight to the shop.

Thanks for dropping by!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Gorgeous post, Emma! Made me think of Audrey Hepburn and the movie "Love in the Afternoon". Might have to settle in with that this afternoon during nap time.;)

DANDELION DAYDREAMER said...

What a nice surprise! Thank you for featuring my vintage dresses on your lovely blog :) xox

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Danielle, definitely Audrey Hepburnesque! Enjoy watching 'Love in the Afternoon' (lucky you).

Hi Dandelion Daydreamer, you are very welcome, they are such pretty dresses! I love your Blog by the way, lovely pictures - lots of fabric eye candy!!! :)

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

What a thouroughly enjoyable post! Thanks x

The undomesticated scientist said...

hi,
just popped by to say thank you for my fab parcel. it rattled nicely! i'm all excited about the cool fabrics, what to use then for..... (may just stroke them for abit!). thanks again, hope you got a super parcel too. x

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Undomesticated Scientist, You are very welcome, I'm glad it got to you safely! My parcel was great thank you, I'm going to Post my selection (along with a Giveaway I'm planning).

Hi Annie, I'm glad you enjoyed this post. I enjoyed the 'window shopping'. :)

Cynthia said...

Wow! Thanks for the feature ;)