|Mini Boo Halloween Cushion by ilovehearts, Etsy|
Saturday, 30 October 2010
Thursday, 28 October 2010
- The Winner is Jenny of Jenny Arnott Textiles. There were so many great answers, the mermaid was particularly special and I can see in the pattern why you might have thought that.
- Although no one specifically answered Hamster there were many mammals that were close, Jenny's answer was the closest or should I say smallest and the most rodent like. In fact if this little fellow had a tail it could be a mouse.
- So Jenny please email me your colour preference and address and I'll make up and send you you're own little hamster. It's all hand sewn so please allow a good few days to get to you. They come in 6.5cm or 9cm in height. Here's a picture of some colour ideas.
Thanks for dropping by, have a great rest of the week! ;)
Wednesday, 27 October 2010
Don't Forget my Fun Giveaway ends today at 8pm BST!
And Join A Fun Secret Santa Swap Here!
- Test your sewing pattern recognition.
- Remember to think 3D rather than 2D.
- You can make as many suggestions as you wish.
- Leave your entry here!
And Join A Fun Secret Santa Swap Here!
- How much fun to receive a mystery parcel on Christmas morning.
- To join in the Swap fun comment HERE.
Tuesday, 26 October 2010
|Oaxaca Tehuantepec & Velvet Pillow by Edenmiller, Etsy|
Velvet has to be my ultimate textile, it's super soft, sumptuous, rich, warm and versatile! Thou shall not covet, but here are a selection of velvet items where I do just that.
There's something about the term 'velvet pillows' that is so evocative and the pillow above is no exception. The gorgeous colours are like a fireplace on a cold winter's day. They would look gorgeous on our huge leather sofa, along with all Edenmiller's pillows. A little pricey to scatter with 3 young children in the house, which makes them so covetable.
|Silk Velvet Wrap Dress by MomoSoho, Etsy|
Ooh La La! Such a stunning 'dress', I think with my legs a smart pair of black trousers would be a definite requirement!
|Vintage Style Ruffle Scarf by Nikkisic, Etsy|
Based on a 1790 design I love the way this scarf has the appearance of being fluid.
|Velvet Cloche Hat by MoaningMinnie, Etsy|
The delightful Moaning Minnie has done it again, producing another of her charming hats in my favourite fabric and in a gorgeous scarlet red.
|Emilio Pucci Velvet Jumpsuit at VivaLaVintageShoppe, Etsy|
How fantastic is this 1960s jumpsuit, if this could ever end up under the Christmas Tree for me I would squeal like a crazy woman!
|Velvety Skulls Bag by jFaith, Etsy|
I love this bag SO much, I think it might have to be a Christmas gift to myself! The richness of the velvet and colours make me think vintage roses until you take closer look. As jFaith says "does she have a wild side?".
Monday, 25 October 2010
Would anyone like to join in a Secret Santa swap? I seem to have been a bit late on the uptake with all the swaps and they look like so much fun! So I thought I would start one.
Your Swap should contain:
- Festive Chocolate/Sweets
- A Heartfelt Handmade Item
- Selection of Fabric Bits
- An Unexpected Surprise
- A Christmas Card
To enter, leave a comment confirming you would like to join in and how I can contact you for your postal address.
I will close the Swap Entry 8pm GMT Sunday 7 November 2010 to allow time to get you paired up and parcels can be posted out in good time for Christmas. I will only pair you with someone who lives in your country to avoid delays with international shipping (unless you specify otherwise). Make sure you Follow your recipient so you can stalk their Blog and get an idea of what they like.
I hope you join in, it would be so much fun opening a mystery parcel on Christmas Day!
On to my Monaluna Tip Off and I am bursting with excitement! Do you recall my Post about the fabulous Jennifer Moore of Monaluna? Well she has given me a super juicy Tip Off!
Thanks Jennifer, we'll be on the edge of our seats until we see your lovely foxes!
Don't forget my Fun Giveaway ends 8pm BST Wednesday so you still have time to enter, with as many guesses as you wish!
Just to let you know, as the kids are on Half Term I won't be doing too much 'creative thinking' this week, also my Fabric ABC is taking a break too, any suggestions for next week's G is For...?
Friday, 22 October 2010
NEWS of my wonderful 'Wet Saturday in Brighton' win and 3 Giveaways to Report including my own!
My FUN Giveaway isn't as generous as my previous Giveaways or certainly the Bliss Giveaway, it's just a bit of entertainment to test your sewing pattern/spacial awareness skill. A skill all Sewing-istas have in abundance!
Thanks for dropping by!
- Lucky Me, this is the fab Brighton bundle I won from Pins & Needles.
- I won a wonderful cushion she made, especially for the Giveaway (how sweet is that), which all my family love. It's perfect for resting your head on for an afternoon snooze, my 4 year old son Josh has already tested it!
- Also a piece of Brighton West Pier, a shell, a stick of Brighton Rock (already consumed), a handmade pin cushion and a very sweet embellished postcard.
- The kind of week I have had, I cannot tell you how much joy it gave me when I received it (like you can't imagine).
- If you've fallen in love with the cushion, as I did, you'll be pleased to know she's holding another GREAT Brighton Giveaway. So get yourself over to Pins & Needles for a chance to win. Don't forget to come back as I've got another 2 Giveaways to report, including my own! :)
- Can you guess what this pattern is for? The sheet is A4, if that's any help.
- Leave a Comment with your Guess to enter.
- The nearest guess wins one of these mystery items, made by me in the colour of their choosing.
- If there is more than one 'nearest guess' the same then the names will be put in a hat for a draw.
- You are welcome to enter as many times as you wish.
- Not the biggest Giveaway ever so I'm guessing not many will enter, but hey it's a bit of fun and the fewer who enter the more chances you'll have of winning!
- I post Internationally, so everyone is very welcome to join in.
- Closing Date for Entries is 8pm BST Wed 27 Oct 2010.
Thanks for dropping by!
Thursday, 21 October 2010
The divine Jennifer Moore of Monaluna, a favourite 'craft crush' of mine, has very kindly agreed to let me write an article about her and has given me permission to use all of her lovely pictures - maybe she didn't expect me to use a picture of her but I wanted to introduce the face behind the beautiful fabric. I just love this picture of her with her cat!
Further to my recent Post giving a Sneak Peek of her new line for Robert Kaufman, my first selection of her fabrics begins with Circa 50s for Birch Fabrics, a really fun take on 50s design. I would like to say this is my favourite collection, but then give me 10 minutes and it will be the next for sure!
|Circa 50s Chairs at CedarhouseFabrics, Etsy|
|Circa 50s Cars at Fernandinafibers, Etsy|
|Circa 50s Houses at FernandinaFibers, Etsy|
|Circa 50s Space at CuddleUms, Etsy|
I love Jennifer's gorgeous flannels, thoughts of cosy pyjamas in fun funky prints come to mind! The first of her flannels is from the Flitter Collection.
And here are some great Urban Bloom flannels.
Here are some of the Mingle collection, great coordinating fabrics for all her other collections.
And of course there are the very cute Chicks of Metro Market.
And some very pretty About Town.
I know I have already done a whole feature dedicated to Monaco, Monaluna's self produced fabric, but I had to add at least one picture of it, ultimately my favourite Monaluna collection? Possibly.
Check over at the Modern Organic Fabrics website as they're having a 10% Sale on Monaco.
|Crayon Caddy in Circa 50s Rockets by CrzyBagLady, Etsy|
|Rocket Pillowcase by SKNaturals, Etsy|
|Patchwork Baby Blanket by peanuttree, Etsy|
|Half Apron by CrzyBagLady, Etsy|
|Mini Everyday Bag by TheLaughingHouse, Etsy|
I hope this Post has given you an insight into the very talented Jennifer Moore and the opportunity to check out some of her gorgeous fabrics and fabulous places to buy them. I also hope Jennifer forgives me for using her photo as my main picture, but now you know who she is. Check out my Post Sneak Peek of her new line for Robert Kaufman for another look at her new collections.
As always, if you are inspired and wish to buy click on the link to be taken to the shop.
Many thanks for dropping by. :)