Friday, 19 November 2010

Sarah Waterhouse Fabric Designer Du Jour!

Golden Yellow Brolly Bird Fabric


It has been a little while since I featured a Fabric Designer but there haven't been many designs that have really popped out as being original in style and design.  That's until I discovered the delightful Sarah Waterhouse.  I love the pencil line designs and her choice of acid colours.
Birdcage Cherry Red & Lime
These birdcages are simply charming, I love the shade of cherry red and lime, it's curious when fabric makes your mouth water.
English Insults Fabric
A great idea for a fabric design and some great insults, nothing to offend the sensitive though.
Navy Blue Knitting Fabric
Fabric to make a little something for a knitting addict, maybe a purse, classes case, bag or a cushion.
Forest Green Pods Fabric
Who'd have thought pea pods could be so chic?
And here are some great accessories she makes with her gorgeous fabric!
Sewing Needle Case
I love this fabric and what a great needlecase, genius often comes from simple ideas!



50s Glasses Case
There's something about this fabric that makes me smile, it's just so jolly with attitude!
Coin Purse
Another fabric/accessory match made in heaven!


  • Sarah Waterhouse is a textile printer and designer who spends most of her time silk-screening her fantastic designs on to fabric.
  • All my items are environmentally friendly and hand printed using water based inks on unbleached cottons or organic fabrics. 
  • She's also a member of a group called Craft Candy, Sheffield based makers promoting craft in and around Sheffield.
I hope you have enjoyed my little introduction to Sarah Waterhouse and have enjoyed browsing some of her lovely fabric.  


For inspiration check out her Website http://www.sarahwaterhouse.co.uk/.  And to buy her shops at www.etsy.com/shop/plainjanetextiles and folksy.com/shops/plainjanetextiles.


Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Sarah@PingsAndNeedles said...

truly mouthwatering! love those birdcages, and the peapods (!) and the coin purses, oh hell, love it all - happy w/e to you too :)

Tabatha Tweedie said...

Gorgeous stuff! I love it!

momto2wasd said...

Oh, my goodness! I love her fabrics! I'm so very tempted to get the yarn fabric!! Too darn cute! Thank you for sharing!

Amy said...

fab fabrics, I'm off to look at the website x

Johanna said...

Those are amazing!
Good thing that christmas (and my birthday) is around the corner, else I would probably not get those fabrics :)
Thank you for sharing!

Emma Thomsen said...

Thank you all for dropping by and for all your great comments about this fabulous fabric, I think it really is such a great find! :)

from Carolyn's Spools said...

Thanks for sharing!! Beautiful fabrics...and endless possibilities!

Heather Woollove said...

Such excellent fabric!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Happy holidays to you and yours!!!