Monday, 29 November 2010

J is for Jewellery in Fabric!

Mixed Media Suspender brooch by Hensteeth, Etsy
As a general rule I try not to Blog about my personal life, but I just wanted to apologise for my lack of Blogging and to briefly explain.

Without going into too much detail my dear Mother In Law has recently been diagnosed with cancer, which has basically turned our lives upside down.  She is a typical East London Matriarch (I have traced her East London roots back to the 17th Century), so to see her in such a vulnerable position is very hard for us.  As you can imagine I haven't been motivated towards light banter about fabric.

Following surgery she has been very up beat and positive, so with a good feeling in my heart I thought I would post a few pretty pieces of Fabric Jewellery to lift your spirits.

I won't write reams of text about each piece and let you make your own judgement, I would love to know what you think.

Thank you Thea for suggesting J is for Jewellery, it was a great challenge.
Freedom Birds Earrings by Fluffington, Etsy
Deep Pink Poppy Bracelet by NuadaAccessories, Etsy
Elizabeth Cappuccino, Ivory & Gold Necklace
by GabrielleLouiseShop, Etsy
Whisper of Autumne Cocktail Ring
by AutMandata, Etsy
Embroidered Heart Charms by Tamdoll, Etsy
Septismias Dragonfly Necklace by Queenzenobia, Etsy


I hope you enjoyed these pretty pieces, thank you for dropping by and for still Following me even if I'm not Blogging like a crazy thing right now! :)

9 comments:

Jenny said...

So sorry Emma to hear about your mother in law, thoughts are with you in what must be such a difficult time, hope she bounces back in time and makes a full and speedy recovery!
p.s jewellery is fantastic, especially the elizabeth cappuccino piece, stunning!xx

Posie Patchwork said...

Sending my love & hopes to your mother-in-law & especially your husband. Mothers & sons have an incredible unspoken bond, take care of your husband's feelings, when he's quiet, thinking the worst, it's simply horrible, have been there. Love Posie

Sarah@PingsAndNeedles said...

Hi Emma, I'm so sorry to hear things are tough at the moment - I wish you all strength and humour to see you through - East London matriarchs are such bad patients - but maybe that toughness will help here to recover well.

I love the bird earrings and the poppy bracelet. In fact I think I love the poppy bracelet!

Keep positive - or let off some steam and go throw a snowball!

Emma Thomsen said...

Thank you for all your really kind wishes and wise words, I really appreciate it!

Amy said...

Sorry to hear your sad news.I love the bird earrings and poppy bracelet x

Sarah@PingsAndNeedles said...

Hi Emma - hope all is ok with you and yours ... x

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Amy and Sarah,

thanks for dropping by . Things are OK, it's just difficult juggling hospital appointments with getting ready for Christmas. With 3 little ones at Primary School and Pre School there's the usual round of Nativities and school Christmas Parties (they've always had a better social life than us!).

Take care.

Emma x

Linnhe Mara said...

Hi Emma,

Like you I try not to blog about my personal life but sometimes it's the only way to explain changes in your routine. I know things must be very difficult for you and your family just now but rest assured that your following will be waiting for you no matter how much personal time you need to take.
In looking after everyone else please don't forget to look after yourself.

X

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Linnhe Mara, thank you so much for your comment, it made me 'well up'! I'll do my best, thank you! Emma x