Friday, 17 September 2010

My Clothkit Parcel!

How much do we all love receiving parcels?  Especially when it's a lovely bright green one from Clothkits!

Do you recall I recently did a feature on Clothkits?  Well I decided to have a go at making the Kitty Doll Kit with my daughter and received the parcel yesterday.  Here's what you get...

What is it about stickers on parcels, they so add to the......
...Anticipation!
Gorgeous red tissue paper, how lovely.  I'm really getting in a stitching mood!
And here she is,  the Kitty Rag Doll Kit!



I love Fabric Tape when it's in a tape measure design, it's like a practical free gift. Genius to put your own logo on it (great marketing idea).
And here's Kitty in all her uncut glory.  Looks pretty clear and straightforward!  In fact, compared to my experience with dressmaking generally, I feel like a weight has been lifted.  All the 'dread' of cutting and placing/pinning patterns, we can get straight into the fabric cutting - Woohoo!
And the most important bit, the instructions and haberdashery

So here it is, ready for the off.  This weekend I'm going to put it together with my 5 year old daughter, she will love it!  I will let you know how it goes and most crucially what she decides to re-christen her. 

Have you tried a Clothkit yet, how did you find it?

4 comments:

Fat Chick Design said...

Hey there, my daughters are 5 too!
I love the patterns for girls from Moda, yummy!
My friends used to work at clothkits years ago, I didn't realise it had changed hands and move on to the clothkits we all know know.
Very cool.
Enjoy the project, can't wait to see it finished, and thanks for following me :)

Emma Thomsen said...

Thanks Fat Chicks Design, thanks for dropping by. We're going to start working on it today - fingers crossed! Emma ;)

Country Cottage Chic said...

It looks like a lot of fun to make!
I have 2 vintage Clothkits skirt kits for sale on my website at the moment - I was quite excited when I found them!

Jayne

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Country Cottage Chic, thanks for dropping by! Ooh, I'm curious to see your vintage kits, I wonder whether they'll fit? :)