Monday, 13 September 2010

A is For Apple!

Metro Market Apple Stack by AnnKelle from Robert Kaufman
It's Monday morning and back to School after a hectic weekend, which gave me the idea of having a fabric alphabet every Monday.  And as with all Alphabets let's begin with A is for Apple, let's check out what's happening to Apples in the world of fabric...
Green Apple Pincushion by Swiedebi at Etsy
I love this apple pincushion, you could almost eat it! They come in more colours but for me it had to be the classic green.
Baby Owl Fern with Apple Blossom Fabric by Pinchface at Etsy
How cute is this owl and how great is the name Pinchface, all perfect!
Apples & Pears Sling Bag By Angharad at Etsy
What a great bag, really fresh coloured apples and some lovely pears snuck in too!
Fabric Buttons With Sheep, Apple Tree and House by Titchables at Etsy
Such cute buttons!  There are so many ways to use these delightful buttons, I think they would look great as little badges dotted on a school bag.
Apples On Cream Throw Cushion by Racheletc at Etsy
Lovely acid colours that would brighten up any lounge in winter
!

So there you have it my first 'Monday ABC' with a charming selection of 'A is for Apple'.  

I hope you like them, call back next Monday for 'B is for...' or leave a comment if you have any ideas for B. 

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it!

10 comments:

sew obsessed said...

B is for Bibs!! Or even Baby, hint hint!!

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Sew Obsessed, thanks for the comment. Baby is a really good idea, there is so much Baby stuff out there! Definitely one to think about! Thank you! Emma ;)

Linnhe Mara said...

How about B for birds. There are so many luscious fabrics around with a bird motif . Then again perhaps not, it might be one heck of a long post : )

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Linnhe, thanks for dropping by. Birds is a good one, but as you say it's also a big one. Maybe I'll somehow narrow it down to Birds on Baby stuff. I do love Bird motifs, like you say there is so much about! Thanks for the suggestion! ;)

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting about my buttons, glad you like them!

Emma Thomsen said...

It was a pleasure Sarah, they are very cute buttons! ;)

Swiedebie said...

My favie prints and fruit are always apples. This is very fun, and thank you very much! :)

Brighton Breezy said...

I love that apple fabric on the cushion - I used loads of it in my lap quilts and wish I could still get hold of it ...

B is for Bank Manager - after all that fabric stashing!

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Brighton Breezy, thanks for dropping by! Have you tried Etsy.com for that fabric, you can get some great 'hard to get hold of' fabrics there. Hmm B is for Bank Manager, not sure many people would read that Blog, especially on a Monday! :D Emma

angharad handmade said...

I love the apple theme, and gorgeous fabrics! Thanks for blogging about my bag :D