- Make your Blog 'Do Follow' and you'll encourage comments being left on your Blog and elevation up the Google ranking.
- I'll try and keep this simple, basically because I have written this a few times and haven't understood it myself so I want to be sure I'm explaining it correctly.
- So, did you know that pretty much all blog platforms, by default, are set up so that search spiders are stopped in their tracks when they come to a link in a comment?
- This was originally designed to prevent comment spam, but in fact it removes some of the incentive for your readers to contribute to your site by commenting on your posts.
- What can you do about it? Turn off “nofollow” and show your commenters that you appreciate them. Spread the link love!
- It's easy to change your Blog to "Do Follow," so when a link is left on a comment Google includes your link when it's spiders crawl the internet.
This blog is "Do Follow." Help your blog's rank by leaving me a comment with your link!
Thank You Pam Hawk for the tip!