Friday, 10 September 2010

Improve Your Google Ranking with 'Do Follow'!




  • Make your Blog 'Do Follow' and you'll encourage comments being left on your Blog and elevation up the Google ranking.
  • I'll try and keep this simple, basically because I have written this a few times and haven't understood it myself so I want to be sure I'm explaining it correctly.
  • So, did you know that pretty much all blog platforms, by default, are set up so that search spiders are stopped in their tracks when they come to a link in a comment?
  • This was originally designed to prevent comment spam, but in fact it removes some of the incentive for your readers to contribute to your site by commenting on your posts.
  • What can you do about it? Turn off “nofollow” and show your commenters that you appreciate them. Spread the link love!
  • It's easy to change your Blog to "Do Follow," so when a link is left on a comment Google includes your link when it's spiders crawl the internet.
For more info and to learn how to change your blog to a "Do Follow" blog, check out Randa Clay Design, she also made the icon shown above.  As a short cut for those on Blogger go direct to the The Blog Doctor.

This blog is "Do Follow." Help your blog's rank by leaving me a comment with your link!

Thank You Pam Hawk for the tip!

2 comments:

Linnhe Mara said...

Thanks for that Emma. I've already experienced problems with comments, many choosing to leave them on Facebook or via e-mail rather on my Blog. I'll give this a try, but as I'm not very technically adept it may take a few goes :o)

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Linnhe, thanks for the comment. I'm excited to see if it works. It took me a while to work it out, although the Blog Dr does give very good instructions. Let me know how you get on and whether it works for you! :D