Monday, 27 September 2010

C is For Cats in Fabric!


Alphabet Fabric Monday here already, where did that week go?

And as you guessed it today is C For Cat. I noticed that I hadn't featured much in the way of vintage recently so decided to search Vintage Cat Fabric and here's what I came up with.

As there is so much cute stuff in cat fabric I thought I would start with something creepy (with a vintage feel) by one of my favorite textile artists who I featured at the end of August, Sew Creepy Confections.  With 1st October at the end of the week and the start of the Halloween countdown it seems appropriate.


Crouching Tiger Clutch by kaleidoscopebyerin at Etsy

And now for something chic!  Which is the perfect description for this gorgeous Clutch made using 1960s Vintage Kimono fabric, very Ooh La La!
Bag in Vintage Cat Fabric by Melissamose at Etsy



I chose this bag as the lovely tropical colours are so strong and bright, perfect for the drizzly day we're having in London today!
Classic 70s Kitty Cat by AnimalCrackersBySue At Etsy



Of all the cat softies I found this one really stood out.  I love hot pink and lime green, the colours really compliment each other.  And such a charming cat to boot!
Kitty Cat Vintage Girl Scout Fabric Button



Cute as a button is such a cliche, but it fits perfectly.  There are so many places I could keep a little button like this, such as a shopping tote, jacket or maybe even my apron!  
Vintage Cat Fabric Girls Dress By VintageLucy at Etsy



There's something about this fabric that just reminds me of my Grandma, she would have adored this dress.  She was very stylish but with a great sense of humour, much like this dress.
Vintage Patchwork Kitty Cat by Ksteckler at Etsy



How fun is this little Kitty, a little bit funky but no less cute.  Her face looks like she takes herself a little bit too seriously.
Kitty Kids Baby Bib by ColbyLaneDesignsy by Etsy



And lastly, this charming Bib!  Those cheeky kittens with the funny little girls, I wish my babies were babies again just so I could but it!

If you have been inspired or wish to buy, just click on the title of each picture as they all link back to the item and the shop.


So, next week will be D For...  any ideas?  I really want something that looks 'outside the box', as they say.  If it's your idea I'll give you a mention with a link (of course).

Many thanks for dropping by! :)

14 comments:

Steph said...

what a fabulous group of cats!!!
How about D is for detective and you can have items inspired by Nancy Drew, CSI, policemen, etc?!

Danielle said...

Thank you for featuring my "Black Cat". He went to his first art/craft show yesterday and was quite a hit.

Emma Thomsen said...

Danielle you are very welcome, I love the dreamy eyes on your characters! :)

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Steph, thanks for such a good suggestion! I think I will need all week to do the research - watch this space! Emma :)

Lee said...

Hi - I loved the cats. And mysteries so Stephs is a good idea. But how about Dachshunds? I love those cute little dogs.
Love your blog.

Julia said...

Very cute! Great collection of cats :)

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Lee, thanks for dropping by. I'm tempted by Dachshunds, lots of research this week I think! See what pops up with the most exciting finds! Emma :)

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Julia, thanks for dropping by, glad you like the cats! Emma :)

animalsbysue said...

Thanks so much for featuring my 70's kitty cat ! I love your blog !! How about D for Dinosaur :)

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi AnimalsBySue, thanks for dropping by! You are very welcome, your cat is charming! Thanks for the suggesting Dinosaur, I now have 3 great ideas to really think about. Emma ;)

Fat Chick Design said...

Meow! What a cool collection of cute cats.
I am thinking D for...
Dots, Donuts, Deck chairs, Doodles, Ducks and Daisies :)

Kristin said...

Super cute kitties, thanks for sharing!

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Fat Chick Design, what great suggestions, thank you! I've had so many now I'll be dizzy by next weekend! :)

Emma Thomsen said...

Hi Kirstin, thanks for dropping by! :)