Sunday, 22 August 2010

Super Kawaii Surfing Ninja Japanese Fabric

You know when Super Kawaii Fabric hits the spot?  Well this is one of those designs.  I confess I'm a sucker for kawaii fabric as it's all I ever wanted in a fabric as a kid and certainly as an adult for my kids.  The only problem as always is what do I make first?  A Cute Coin Purse,  Little Girls Dress, Bags, Key Fob, Oven Mitts and Quilting!  Maybe even funky curtains and matching cushions.

You can purchase the Fat Quarter bundle at the top or by the full/half yard from Sweetkapua

Here's Sweetkapua's Bio: 

Born and raised in Hawaii on the island of O'ahu. I've been sewing since I was 10 and was always dabbling in making handbags and my own clothes. I also graduated in fashion design at U of Hawaii. I had a regular job but my Aunt told me about a cute little website where you can sell handmade things and that was me. For some reason I didn't have the guts to start it. Who would buy my things I thought? I noticed that people sold supplies and I had a good source for wholesale fabrics. I thought I would start off this way and if it was successful I would open a Pouch Shop. So I bought 5 bolts of 1 print and posted some destash. Sales were slow at first and I was discouraged. A month into it I started getting convos about ordering bigger yardage. How exciting!!!! I figured out postage and packing and shipping and now my fabric shop is doing pretty well for how small it is.                            

                      
I have a pouch shop too: madeofaloha.etsy.com and it does alright as well. Etsy has given me a way to shop my creative side without having to put too much time into a huge project. It has opened a whole new world for me.

Here are just a few of her many cute pouches, my problem is which one to buy!
Keiki Fun Time Pouch.
It might be this one for a taste of Summer going into the winter!

Happy Geisha Pencil Case
Or this one, I love all the cute Japanese/Chinese girls on just about all things kawaii related.

Happy Bunny Small Zipper Pouch.
Or this one, although I fear my 5 year old daughter might make a claim!

I chose Keiki Fun Time.  It's been a dreary London this week and it's still August so I need some sunshine in my bag.  Can't wait for it to arrive.

Which of her pouches would you buy?



No comments: