Thursday, 23 December 2010
Monday, 29 November 2010
|Mixed Media Suspender brooch by Hensteeth, Etsy|
Without going into too much detail my dear Mother In Law has recently been diagnosed with cancer, which has basically turned our lives upside down. She is a typical East London Matriarch (I have traced her East London roots back to the 17th Century), so to see her in such a vulnerable position is very hard for us. As you can imagine I haven't been motivated towards light banter about fabric.
Following surgery she has been very up beat and positive, so with a good feeling in my heart I thought I would post a few pretty pieces of Fabric Jewellery to lift your spirits.
I won't write reams of text about each piece and let you make your own judgement, I would love to know what you think.
Thank you Thea for suggesting J is for Jewellery, it was a great challenge.
|Freedom Birds Earrings by Fluffington, Etsy|
|Deep Pink Poppy Bracelet by NuadaAccessories, Etsy|
|Elizabeth Cappuccino, Ivory & Gold Necklace |
by GabrielleLouiseShop, Etsy
|Whisper of Autumne Cocktail Ring |
by AutMandata, Etsy
|Embroidered Heart Charms by Tamdoll, Etsy|
|Septismias Dragonfly Necklace by Queenzenobia, Etsy|
I hope you enjoyed these pretty pieces, thank you for dropping by and for still Following me even if I'm not Blogging like a crazy thing right now! :)
Friday, 19 November 2010
|Golden Yellow Brolly Bird Fabric|
It has been a little while since I featured a Fabric Designer but there haven't been many designs that have really popped out as being original in style and design. That's until I discovered the delightful Sarah Waterhouse. I love the pencil line designs and her choice of acid colours.
|Birdcage Cherry Red & Lime|
These birdcages are simply charming, I love the shade of cherry red and lime, it's curious when fabric makes your mouth water.
|English Insults Fabric|
A great idea for a fabric design and some great insults, nothing to offend the sensitive though.
|Navy Blue Knitting Fabric|
Fabric to make a little something for a knitting addict, maybe a purse, classes case, bag or a cushion.
|Forest Green Pods Fabric|
Who'd have thought pea pods could be so chic?
|And here are some great accessories she makes with her gorgeous fabric!|
Wednesday, 17 November 2010
|Wimsy Lumbar Pillow by NewLeafHandmade, Etsy|
- I know I haven't had a colour before in my ABC of Fabric but I think indigo has to be my favourite in fabric. Some might say it's just an fancy word for navy but it also happens to be one of the colours of the rainbow, which adds to its magic.
- To begin with this pillow is both handsome and chic, simply because of the indigo.
|Poppy Hand Silkscreened Silk Scarf by Toybreak, Etsy|
Indigo and silk go together beautifully, the fabric just looks so fluid.
|Indigo Plume Clutch by RedRubyRose, Etsy|
This design I'm thinking is Art Deco and with the indigo makes it a classic that will never date.
|Vintage Paisley Fabric at ShopAtMoxie, Etsy|
This gorgeous vintage fabric is a generous 4 yards so a million project ideas come to mind. I have to say this shop was a great discovery, they have some lovely vintage fabrics and bits and pieces. Definitely worth a browse.
|Vintage Royal DelftWare Tea Towel at TheVintageJunkie, Etsy|
What a great tea towel, it looks too good to use. I think it would make a great Christmas Gift, you can never have too many tea towels!
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Friday, 12 November 2010
Jennifer Moore of Monaluna has done it again!
- How great is this sneak peek of her gorgeous new fabrics. I love the duck egg blue mixed with the earthy tones, the freshness and yet warmth, mixing nature with the contemporary designs. It seems a collection of contradictions yet they compliment each other beautifully. I'm not sure which collection I prefer, although I was pleased to see the foxes in the Anika collection as promised, very handsome indeed!
- The two new collections are printed on 100% organic cotton, and are a medium-weight poplin weave. They are expected in the shop in early spring 2011, which seems appropriate as they are fresh with a hint of warmth just like spring!
- I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek and that you can manage to be patient until Spring next year.
- If you're taking part you should have received an e-mail from me asking for your address.
- If you haven't responded yet please do as soon as you can as time is running out, only 42 days to go!
- If for some reason you haven't received the e-mail please send me your address anyway, in case I mis-addressed it some how.
- Thank you everyone who is taking part, it turning out to be great fun!
As always thanks for dropping by!
Thursday, 11 November 2010
- I can't believe I'm Blogging about this Fabric Giveaway as I'm reducing the odds of me winning, but it simply is too good not to share with all you lovely Fabric-istas!
- As I Blogged previously, this fantastic fabric isn't available until April next year even though it has a really wintery feel. And I absolutely love it!
- But Aneela's Followers have been so patient waiting for this gorgeous fabric to be released, she is generously giving away a prize money cannot buy... a Sherbet pips Jelly Roll! Double Woohoo!
- All you need to do to enter this great Giveaway is leave a comment at her Blog about what job you should be doing rather than entering her Giveaway.
- The Giveaway closes Monday 15th November at 11am GMT.
- The Winner will be announced soon after.
Tuesday, 9 November 2010
Colour Me Happy! :) It has been miserable in the South East the last couple of days and whilst I consider myself a 'hardy wench,' having grown up in a West Country village, even I have found it a 'lazy wind' (doesn't go round you, goes straight through you). So I thought I would do a cheery Fabric ABC with some happy stuff to perk us all up!
|Happy Camper T Shirt by sunkissedcotton, Etsy|
|Multicolour Happy Cushion by thegretest, Etsy|
Such a Jolly cushion!
|Happiness Is A Butterfly T Shirt by |
Darling T Shirt, so feminine!
|Mr Men Lounge Pants by GetYourGameOn, Etsy|
Really cheery lounge pants!
|Happy Days Soap & Reusable Fabric & Sewing Pattern |
by nostalgiaorganics, Etsy
Genius soap for the Sewing-ista (wish I had thought of that!).
|Kids Art Crayon Storage Bag by FreshLifeDesignCo, Etsy|
Smiles galore to keep crayons tidy!
Great Christmas gift idea! Watch little ones stack 'em high!
|Happy Tree Sewing Pattern by PaperandString, Etsy|
Too cute for words Christmas decorations, colour them to match your festive theme!
|Happy Days Appliqued Cushion by HelenSteel, Etsy|
Gorgeous cushions to add a 'shed load' of cheer to any glum space!
|Happy Sunflower Brooch by TheRainbowRoom, Etsy|
Missing those summery blooms already!
I hope you enjoyed my Happy ABC and maybe it brought a mile to your face! :) If you're inspired click on the heading to be taken to the shop.
Just a quick mention, if you signed up to join my Secret Santa Christmas Swap I will email you in the next day or so for your addresses.
Many thanks for dropping by!
Sunday, 7 November 2010
Friday, 5 November 2010
It has come to my attention that Capes are 'so on trend' this Autumn/Winter. I am so pleased as they are incredibly feminine and so warm. So let's see what's out there for all you Fashionistas! My first choice is so gorgeous, I love the colour and the snuggly collar finishes it perfectly! Gimme gimme gimme!
|Double Breasted Cropped Cashmere Cape by yystudio, Etsy|
Wowser, what a cape! Lovely colour and made with pure cashmere and silk satin so super luxe!